Not just for cloth diapering parents! Keeping your baby's bottom clean and healthy is an important part of caring for your little one, and a little bit of TLC can go a long way in keeping your baby's bum healthy and rash-free. While traditional baby wipes can be convenient, they often contain harsh chemicals that can irritate your baby's delicate skin. That's why many parents are turning to homemade baby bum sprays made with natural ingredients that are easy to find.
Using a homemade baby bum spray can have several benefits for both you and your baby. Here are some additional details on the ingredients and their benefits:
- Witch hazel: Witch hazel is a natural astringent that can help soothe and heal irritated skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and swelling, making it a great ingredient for a baby bum spray.
- Castile soap: Castile soap is a gentle and natural soap that is made from vegetable oils. It is free from harsh chemicals and fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin, making it a safe choice for a baby bum spray. It can also help remove dirt and bacteria from the skin.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help prevent dryness and irritation. It is rich in fatty acids that can help nourish and protect the skin, making it a great ingredient for a baby bum spray.
Using a homemade baby bum spray is also more cost-effective and eco-friendly than traditional baby wipes. You can reuse the same spray bottle and refill it with the homemade solution, reducing waste and saving you money in the long run.
Here's our easy recipe for busy parents! Keep one by the changing station and another in your diaper bag for healthy skin all the time! This solution also works for families who want to soak their reusable cloth wipes, or even paper towels for homemade disposable wipes, ahead of time
Ingredients (for 60ml travel bottle)
- 15ml witch hazel
- 5ml Castile soap
- 5ml coconut oil
- 35ml distilled water
- 5 -10 drops baby-safe essential oils of choice
- In a spray bottle, combine witch hazel, Castile soap, and coconut oil
- Add distilled water to the spray bottle, and shake well to combine
- Use the spray on your baby's bum during diaper changes. It's especially helpful with Just Peachy bamboo cloth wipes for messy poop changes.
Note: Be sure to shake the spray bottle well before each use, as the ingredients may separate over time. As always, be sure to consult with your pediatrician if you have any concerns about your baby's skin or if you notice any signs of irritation or rash.